Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Why Did I Choose To Study Abroad?

Why did I choose to study abroad?

Great Question!

I'll try to sum it up for you...

I am going into my fifth year of college.
By now I have spent numerous hours studying equations, reading books that made no sense at the time, memorizing quotes, cutting up t-shirts for the football games, emailing professors that don't remember my name, writing essays, attending boring seminars, rambling about my major, volunteering and chatting about things that really don't matter.
And I needed a change.

I knew I needed something different to happen in my life because no longer was I excited to sit in journalism classes or interview random people. I was tired of the routine.

I never honestly thought about studying abroad. I mean sure it was somewhere deep in the back of my head but it was never something I thought would become a reality.  Mainly because once you look at the overall cost sheet in the study abroad packets and how much money financial aid is not willing to give you...reality starts to sets in.

But my friend brought the idea up and I guess I ran with it. Many of the people I associate with at school are from other countries so I guess I became curious.

I thought to myself what is the worse that could happen....the study abroad office says no.

So I can't say that I wanted this to look good on my resume, or I have always dreamed about going to another country. I honestly just had a random thought one day about wanting a change in my life and went with it.

So if I could give anyone advice reading this...it would be to stop over-thinking everything, don't worry so much and just do it...I mean what's the worst that could happen?



No comments:

Post a Comment