Thursday, July 19, 2012

Work Life!

It's official in no way am I ready to be an adult. My work hours are 10am to 4pm but with my public transportation commute it's more like 8am to 5pm. By the time I get home I'm  drained. And lucky me I only work Monday through Thursday. But enough complaining...

An average day for me consist of....

10am- Fix two cups of coffee  to start my day & start responding to emails

11am-  Start looking up casting calls for actors (Basically search for the actors a job)
 This can be annoying at times because directors are looking for exact people : tall woman, brunet, motorcycle training, blue eyes, speaks American English or has a perfect accent.
This is tough because Irish English & American English are not the same. You can stand face-to-face with an Irish men and have no idea what they just said!

12pm- Start writing articles, news releases ( Basically get the word out about our actors whether they went to a film festival or they are working on a new project).

1pm-Lunch!

2pm- Emails and start calling casting directors (only to end up getting their voice-mails every time).
This is probably the most intimidating part of my job because I basically have to sell these big name & small name casting directors our actors and of course they get these calls everyday.

3pm- Keep calling casting directors and working on social media (Facebook & Twitter) 

4pm- Homeward Bound
Which consist of spending the night researching new movies, commercials and other projects for the actors in the UK and Ireland !

So for all of those that were curious...that's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment