Wednesday, June 13, 2012

10 Random Things I Learned After 3 Days in Dublin

Today was an adventure and nightmare all in one but luckily I made it. Yesterday was a little tough for me mainly because I hadn't really slept and the culture shock started to hit me. Although I love being in a new place I have never been to a new country.

Everything here is different the accents, the food, the buses, the malls but the weather is definitely the same as Kansas (bipolar). Anyway today was much better. I somewhat figured out the bus system and made it to the interview for my internship. I met up with one of my friends who came to visit me and she told me things would get better (She has been studying abroad in Italy and visiting Paris and Ireland for 6 weeks).

Oh...and I am officially a public relations intern for In Good Company, which is an agency in the entertainment industry that cast mainly celebs and up-and-coming stars of tomorrow in movies and commercials in both Ireland and the US. 

But enough of that I wanted to share with you the top 10 random things I have learned after being in Dublin for 3 days...

1. Pedestrians DON'T have the right-of-way!
2.The locals are just as bad at directions as me
3. It's probably best I left 3 hours early to find the location of my interview
     (It took me 2 hours & 45 minutes to find the place)
4. The locals agree Ireland is expensive
5. A lot of people drive Fords (Go America!)
6. Big glasses & a big bag downtown for a tourist probably isn't the best idea
7. Pedestrians DON'T have the right-of-way!
8. Bus 13 DOES NOT take me home!
9. "There are very few street signs or the signs are on the sides of the buildings"
      - words from the bus driver
    "You figure out where your going by landmarks"
      - words from Dan, the cab driver...that helps me not at all!
10. People will step in front of you in line at stores if you don't make it known that
       your next  -words from experience

.....p.s PEDESTRIANS DON'T  HAVE THE RIGHT-OF-WAY

Example of what I mean about the street signs.


Where I'll be interning!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jasmine!

    I am proud of you!

    Love, Kelee K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to look at it. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete