Monday, June 11, 2012

& all your beauty...

I can't even put into words how my Sunday started so let me start with my Saturday  a.k.a the "last supper".

My family got together to throw me a big dinner at my grandmothers house and wish me farewell. We ate and made jokes the majority of the night before it was finally time to say our 'goodbyes and see you laters'. Although I've been knowing for four months that I was about to experience something that so many other people have only dreamed about (visiting another country) it didn't hit me until I checked my cell phone and saw several voicemails and text messages from my friends.

They had all took time out of their busy schedules to tell me how proud of me they were, what kind of souvenirs they wanted and how crazy it was that I was about to spend my summer in Ireland. I never thought about how much of an impact I was making in other people's lives until now.

And all because I'm just a girl that grew up in the city and never in a million years thought that I would be traveling abroad at the age of 22 for an internship and whose parents didn't give a $10,000 check to make this a reality.

The rest of the night I finished packing and re-packing my suitcases and finally went to sleep around 12ish since my flight was at 6:50 AM. However, when I woke up it was 6:30 AM. Surprisingly I was very calm about missing my flight...complete opposite of my normal dramatic self. I guess in the end I knew everything would work out which it did.

By 1 PM I was at Chicago O'Hare International Airport and got the chance to meet a  group of wonderful ladies who would help me spend the rest of my day laughing. By 7 PM I boarded my flight to Dublin only to end up un-boarding an hour later because there was an issue with the plane rotors and it would take a "long-while" for it to be fix.

By 12:30 PM Monday I was saying hello Emerald Isles and all your beauty.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, You missed your flight? No one can say this family cannot keep a secret. Oh, you told it. I guess this family can not keep a scret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it Jazzy!!! Miss u already

    ReplyDelete